- The Hotel will not accept Cash-on-Delivery Packages (COD)
- The Hotel will not clear a shipment that belongs to a group, guest, or exhibitor through customs. If you are shipping from a location outside of Canada please ensure that your package will clear customs. If you require assistance please contact our preferred custom’s broker Davidson & Sons Customs Brokers Ltd. at http://www.davidsonandsons.com/
- Monday to Friday 8am – 5:30pm ALL couriers should be directed to Shipping & Receiving. This includes all guest packages with instruction to leave with Front Desk. The only exceptions to this policy are flowers, which will be received by the Front of House and delivered to the appropriate area as soon as possible
- On weekends and holidays only the Banquet Department or the Bell/Valet Department can receive a package
- A credit card must be provided for all outgoing shipments regardless of whether a shipment account is provided
- All outgoing Shipments will be charge a $10.50 processing fee by our Shipping and Receiving Department
- On weekdays, items will be shipped the day of, as long as they arrive at the Shipping & Receiving Office before 2:30pm
- On weekends/holidays items will go out the next business day; items will not be shipped out on weekends, no matter the priority
- If a guest is not shipping out via FEDEX EXPRESS, UPS, PUROLATOR, or CANADA POST, they will need to arrange for pick up on their own. This includes FEDEX GROUND and DHL.
- If there is a shipping account written on the Outbound Shipping form, it will be sent under that account; otherwise, we will use the credit card provided.
- The Shipment Request Processing Fee will be charged to the credit card provided.
Shipments for Conventions/Groups
- When groups contract an outside shipping company, that company will handle all of the incoming and outgoing packages for a group – regardless of whether those packages were shipped with that company
- Group Packages are never delivered to a guest room. Front desk is not to call a guest and tell them that their package is on-site if it is listed as a box for a group
- Packages will not be delivered to a guest until they call for them. A guest must be present to receive the box
- Banquets will charge $5 per box (plus applicable taxes) and $50 for skids delivered to meeting rooms. This is a one way charge and there will not be a charge for removing boxes from a room
All shipments and packages sent to or from the hotel fall subject to the following waiver.
Hotel Shipment Waiver
The Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport Hotel accepts no responsibility for lost or damaged packages after the courier has received the package. In the case the hotel believes dangerous or illegal goods are being shipped the hotel reserves the right to refuse shipment. Among items that cannot be shipped are any food products, perfume, alcohol, or any pressurized hair products. The hotel has the right to refuse shipment if there is a lack of information given or for whatever reasons the hotel sees fit. The hotel is not responsible for paying customs charges or insurance charges for any packages that are sent. Any customs charges are to be billed to a third party or to the recipient, any customs charges that do get charged to the hotel for whatever reason will be charged to the credit card on file. The hotel reserves the right to open packages to inspect contents.
If you have any general inquiries regarding shipping to the hotel, please contact Shipping & Receiving at email@example.com.
If you are shipping items as part of a group (meeting planner, convenor, exhibitor, attendee), please contact Catering at firstname.lastname@example.org for access to outbound shipping forms and shipping labels.